Netgear Ex7000 Extender Setup
Sometimes, the home router is not able to cover every corner of your workplace or home due to obstructions, distance, or bandwidth limitations. But Netgear ex7000 manual is one of the leading WiFi boosters that can expand the range of the WiFi network to every corner of the large areas for maximum WiFi performance. This range extender offers whole-home WiFi coverage to all your smart devices as well as is ideal for gaming and HD streaming. So, the users can freely move around your home without the fear of disconnecting.
Netgear ex7000 manual comes with 700mW amplifiers, dual-core 1 GHz processor, and three external antennas that give better signal range and coverage to the connected devices. Even, netgear ex7000 manual is equipped with 5 GHz Ethernet ports that can connect devices like streaming players, game consoles, Smart TVs, etc. as well as upgrade them. Moreover, Netgear Ex7000 has capable to support internet speed up to 1900 Mbps in which 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band and 600 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band.
Features of Netgear ex7000 Manual
- USB 3.0 provides up to 10 times faster access to the stored media
- Uses 1 GHz Broadcom BCM 4708 dual-core processor
- Supports 802.11ac WiFi
- Intense dual-band WiFi speed up to 1900 Mbps
- Access scheduling for parental controls
- FastLane Technology – enhances performance using both WiFi bands (5 GHz and 2.4 GHz).
- 700mW high power amplifiers design for ultimate range
- DLNA Server – play the media on game consoles and Smart TVs.
To Configure Netgear Ex7000 as a Wireless Range Extender
- Firstly, connect your laptop or computer with the Netgear Ex7000 Extender
- Once connected, wait until the Device-to-Extender LED lights to turn to solid green.
- Now, launch the internet browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Internet Explorer and type the URL www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of the browser.
- This link will redirect you on the New Extender Setup Page and click on the “New Extender Setup” tab.
- Create the account to fill the details in the specified fields and complete the setup process and click on the “Next” button.
- Choose the WiFi network that you want to extend and click on the “Next” tab. But if your home router doesn’t support 5 GHz band then uncheck the 5GHz option before clicking on the “Next” tab.
- Now, enter the passphrase or network key and click “Next”.
- After that, you can use the same existing network password or can change the username (SSID) and password (Passphrase) of your WiFi range extender. Click “Next” to apply the settings.
- Then, connect your wireless devices to the Netgear Ex7000 Extender before clicking on the “Continue”.
- When you have been successfully connected your extender to the existing home network, click on the “Next” tab to proceed further.
- Now, you can fill out the product registration form to have access to software update notifications, product support, and information on new products. After completing the form, click on the “Finish” tab. But if your product is already registered or wants to do later, click on the “Skip Registration” option.
To Configure Netgear ex7000 manual as an Access Point
The users can create a new WiFi hotspot by connecting the Ex7000 Extender to the existing wired network. Steps are discussed below:
- Connect the home router to the Ex7000 Range Extender with the help of an Ethernet Cable via Ethernet ports of the extender.
- Open the WiFi network manager on the WiFi-enabled Smartphone or computer and then search and connect to the access point WiFi network that is called NETGEAR_EXT.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes the power LED lights of the Device-to-Extender turns to Solid Green Color.
- Open the internet browser and type Mywifiext.net in the address field.
- The link displays a login page on the screen and enters the login credentials in the given field. Click on the Login tab.
- Click on the “New Extender Setup” button that shows the extender setup page.
- After complete the extender setup page, click on the “Next” tab.
- Now, click on the “Access Point” button to check the internet connection.
- Set the SSID (network name), security options, network key (password) for each band and click “Next” to apply the settings
- After that, use the WiFi network manager on the WiFi-enabled device to connect to the new access point WiFi network and click “Continue”.
- Finally, a message “Successfully Created an Access Point” pops up on the screen.
How to Reset Netgear ex7000 manual to Default Factory Settings
There are two ways to reset the Netgear Ex7000 Extender to its default factory settings. First by using the web user interface (GUI) and second, by pressing the Factory Reset Button.
- Use your system that is connected to Ex7000 through a wireless or wired connection.
- Open the web browser and type Mywifiext.net in the URL bar of the browser.
- It shows the login page where you have to enter Email and Password and click on the “Login” Tab
- After that, it opens the Netgear Genie Page and clicks on Settings -> Other Settings.
- Here, click on the “Reset” button and click on the “Yes” option to proceed.
- Wait for a few minutes the Web GUI to resetting the device to its default factory settings.
Factory Reset Button
- Take the object like a paper clip or a pen.
- Then, look for the Factory Reset Button that is placed on the bottom of the Netgear Ex7000.
- With the help of a pen or paper clip, press and hold the factory reset button and wait till the Device to Extender Power LED blinks amber.
- After that, release the reset button and wait for the Netgear Ex7000 Range Extender to reboot.
- Once the device is rebooted, the Ex7100 Extender is back to its factory default settings.