Boost your existing wireless network range and deliver dual-band WiFi range up 1.9Gbps. Handy NETGEAR WiFi Mesh Extender increases the distance of a WiFi network by boosting the existing WiFi signal and enhancing the overall signal quality over long distances. An extender repeats the signals from an existing WiFi router or access point.
Netgear EX6400 Setup: WPS Method
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) lets you join a secure WiFi network without selecting the network name and entering the password.
- Press the WPS button on the extender
- Within two minutes, press the WPS button on your router or access point.
- If your WiFi router supports the 5 GHz band, repeat Steps 1 and 2 to connect the extender to the 5GHz band.
- Unplug the extender and move it to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
- Plug the extender into an electrical outlet and wait for the power LED to light green.
- Use the Router Link LED to help you choose a spot where the extender-to-router connection is optimal.
- If the Router Link LED doesn’t light amber or green, plug the extender into an outlet closer to the router and try again.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the WiFi network.
Note: Since your router and extended networks share the same WiFi network name, only one WiFi network name is broadcast.
Use the Extender in Access Point Mode
You can set up your extender as a WiFi access point. Tri-band WiFi is available when your extender is in access point mode.
The following instructions assume that you did not previously set up your extender.
To use the extender in access point mode:
- Set the Access Point/Extender switch to Access Point.
- Plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Connect a computer or mobile device to the extender using a WiFi or Ethernet connection.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your router to an Ethernet port on the extender.
- Return to the NETGEAR installation assistant and follow the prompts to finish setting up your extender as an access point.