Nighthawk X6 AC2200 tri-band WiFi mesh extender with patented FastLane3 technology boosts your WiFi to super-fast speeds up to 2.2Gbps. It is one of the most advanced tri-band WiFi mesh extenders that includes a dedicated 866Mbps 5GHz band for extending Internet speeds to your devices. Extend your home’s WiFi so you can enjoy high speed Internet everywhere in your home. Unlike other extenders, the Nighthawk X4S keeps the same WiFi name and password you already have, so you’ll enjoy seamless WiFi like never before. Go room-to-room while streaming video or on a video call without interruption or needing to restart.
- The secure Boot feature on the Nighthawk X6 Mesh extender ensures that only NETGEAR signed software can run on the device.
- Model Ex700 Home WiFi range extender with mesh seamless roaming and ultimate performance.
- Easily boot the range of your existing WiFi router to hard to reach areas of your home indoors and outdoors.
The back panel contains the following components:
- WPS button: Use this button to connect WPS- enabled devices to the extender.
- Ethernet ports: Use the two Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 LAN ports to connect the extender to LAN devices.
- Power ON/OFF button and Power LED: Press the power On/Off button to provide power to the extender. The power LED lights green when the extender is ready.
- DC Power connector: Connect the power adapter that came in the product package to the DC power connector.
- Reset button: Pressing the button resets the extender. If the reset button is pressed for at least seven seconds, the power LED blinks amber, and the extender returns to its factory settings.
When you use your Extender Model Ex7700
We recommend that you connect through the extender network only when your WiFi device is in a “dead zone” where connection from the existing network is poor or non-existent. Data traffic routed through the extender is inherently slower than traffic routed directly from the network.
How the Extender Works
The extender works like a bridge between a WiFi router (or a WiFi access point) and a WiFi device outside the range of the WiFi router. The extender performs two main jobs:
- The extender connects to a working WiFi network.
When the extender connects over WiFi to an existing network, it functions as a network client,
similar to how a WiFi mesh extender midel Ex 7700 device connects to a network.
- The extender acts as an access point for WiFi devices.
The extender broadcasts its own WiFi network that WiFi devices can join. In its role as an
access point, the extender performs tasks that WiFi routers do, such as boardcasting its
network name (SSID).
The extender must do each of these jobs so that both ends of the bridge are in place.