Netgear Nighthawk X6 Tri- Band WiFi Mesh Extender Model EX7700 creates powerful and enjoy high speed internet everywhere in your home. Unlike other extenders, the Nighthawk X6 keeps the same WiFi name, and password you already have, so you will enjoy seamless WiFi like will never before. Fastlane 3 Technology with dedicated WiFi link avoids cutting the extended WiFi bandwidth in half. The first steps for Netgear Nighthawk Ex7700 Setup is to connect the extender to your current wireless network. To get the job done, use one of two methods given below:
To Connect with WPS:
WiFi protected setup (WPS) lets you join a secure WiFi network without typing the network name and password. For help with the WPS button on your WPS-enabled device, check the instructions or online help that came with that device. Some orders of equipment cannot use WPS.
To use WPS to connect the Extender Model EX770 to your WiFi router:
• Press the WPS button on the extender.
The WPS LED blinks.
• Within two minutes, press the WPS button on your router or access point.
When the extender connects to your existing WiFi network, the WPS LED on the extender lights solid white and the Router Link LED lights.
If the router Link LED lights white, the connection between your router and extender is good. If the Router Link LED lights amber or red, move the extender closer to the router and try again.
• Unplug the extender and move it to a new location that is about halfway between your router and the area with a poor router WiFi signal.
• Use the router Link LED to help you choose a spot where the extender-to-router connection is optimal.
• If the router Link LED doesn’t like amber or white, move the extender closer to the router and try again.
Keep moving the extender closer to the router until the Router Link blinks LED lights amber or white.
• Take your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile device to the extended networks.
Your extender uses the same WiFi network settings as your router for its 2.4GHz and 5 GHz extended networks.
To connect with the NETGEAR Installation Assistant
You can use the NETGEAR installation assistant to connect your extender to your existing WiFi router network. To use the NETGEAR installation assistant, you must launch a web browser on your computer or mobile device.